2010 - Because he enjoys performing so much, Rick set out a plan to perform many solo concerts, but wherever possible as "one-offs" and this proved highly successful. Planet Rock's Saturday morning show continues, now with Kid Jensen as his sidekick, and is recorded in London as it was felt that Rick was not trustworthy enough to go live anymore!



The Future - An acoustic tour with Jon Anderson will take place in October / November of 2010 and will be recorded. Many new songs Rick and Jon have written together over the previous four years will be featured.
……and as for the rest of 2010…well the diary is already full as regards personal appearances.
A third Grumpy Old Rockstar book will be released in 2011.
More spectaculars are being prepared for 2011 and 2012 as well as a third "Grumpy" book. A Hollywood scriptwriter is also working on turning many of Rick's anecdotes about life as a rock musician, into a major feature length film.
Who knows where all this might end!!!
And finally, taken from Say Yes!, a prayer attributed to an unknown confederate soldier, whom Rick considers a kindred spirit:
I asked for strength that I might achieve;
I was made weak that I might learn humbly to obey.
I asked for health that I might do greater things;
I was given infirmity that I might do better things.
I asked for riches that I might be happy;
I was given poverty that I might be wise.
I asked for power that I might have the praise of men;
I was given weakness that I might feel the need of God.
I asked for all things that I might enjoy life;
I was given life that I might enjoy all things.
I got nothing that I had asked for;
But everything I had hoped for.
Almost despite myself my unspoken prayers were answered;
I am, among all men, most richly blessed.
 
Top