Double BRIT Award winner Tinie Tempah couldn't even get a seat at last year's ceremony.

The 'Written In The Stars' rapper was one of the big winners at last night's (15.02.11) awards, taking home trophies for British Breakthrough Act and British Single for his debut track 'Pass Out', but said he had to "beg" to be let in to the same celebration in 2010.

He told the Daily Mirror newspaper: "Last year I couldn't even get a seat at the Brits. I had to beg to stand at the back!"

The 22-year-old star would have collected his Breakthrough Act award from pop singer Kylie Minogue, but she unfortunately had to pull out of presenting the award, as she was ill with flu. 

Tinie said he has, nevertheless, formed a bond with the 'All The Lovers' hitmaker, after plucking up the courage to knock on her tourbus. 

He added: "We talk to each other on BlackBerry Messenger nearly every day. I'll be messaging her tonight to say thanks because she's like a big sister to me - although she still looks good in gold hotpants.

"We met last year. I couldn't believe she was watching my show from the side of the stage. So I plucked up the courage to knock on her tour bus window. She let me in and we were talking for an hour, about absolutely everything.

"She gave me advice about pitfalls, to be brave and try new things in music and to stay grounded.

"She's one of my best friends in the business - she's always there for me."

Tinie's debut album 'Disc-overy' is out now.
 
Top