The 'Price Tag' singer has seen her profile soar since winning the BRITs Critics Choice Award at last month's ceremony but says she is determined to set a good example and be known for her music rather than her wild behaviour.
She said: "I'm just proud I can be a decent influence on girls. As long as I'm known for my music first and all the other stuff comes second, I'm cool with that."

Jessie, 22, already promotes a healthy lifestyle, as she does not drink, smoke or take drugs, after she suffered a minor stroke in her teenage years, which made her realise how she had to look after her body.

The star also revealed how she is keen to emulate the success of 'Rolling In The Deep' singer Adele - who attended the same secondary school as her - who has recently topped the album charts in the US and UK with her second album, '21'.

She added: "I used to have jamming sessions with Adele between classes. I am so proud of how well she's doing. She is amazing. When we meet up with each other it was like 'babe' this and 'babe' that.

"Hopefully we'll get out when we are both in America soon. I'm doing 'Saturday Night Live' on TV, which she did early on too. I don't drink but when we meet I'll have a Lucozade and Adele with have a pint. It'll be a right giggle."
 
Top