The Girls Aloud beauty was "chattering away" so much, her DJ fiance said he had to ask her to be quiet so he could present her with a diamond and sapphire ring last New Year's Eve (31.12.10) when they were holidaying in the Maldives..
He said: "The New Year's celebrations were gearing up and Sarah was chattering away, so much so that I had to say to her in the end, 'Will you just be quiet for a second and listen to me? There's something I really want to ask you.'

"I pulled the ring out of my pocket ' which I was amazed she hadn't spotted because it was in a big old box ' got on one knee and asked her to marry me."

The 29-year-old star admitted that although she knew Tom - who she has been dating for three years - wanted to marry her one day, the 'sweet and heartfelt' proposal came as a complete shock.

She told Britain's Hello! magazine: "Tommy would say to me, 'When are you going to marry me, Harding?' But when the moment came, I wasn't expecting at all. And, although Tom stumbled over his words a little, I loved that because it was really sweet and heartfelt. He hadn't rehearsed some big speech ' he was saying how he really felt.

"My initial reaction was, 'Are you serious?' followed by total hysteria."
 
Top