There's this chart on Cracked.com that describes what tattoos on each part of person's body says about him. A tattoo on the neck, the chart implies, means the person with it is going to spend some time in prison. This weekend, Avril Lavigne got a tattoo on her neck, joining the ranks of Lil Wayne, Gucci Mane and this guy. I'm not saying that Avril is going to find herself in jail soon, but I'm saying if she does she'll fit in a little better than she would have before the neck tat.

Avril got her new tattoo this weekend after a wild girls' night out. The whole thing is chronicled on her Twitter. Everything starts out innocently, with Avril tweeting: "Girls day!!!!!! Listening to my new record with my girls and catching up... Love u babeskis." But then things get a little wild: "Uh-oh girls day turning into girls night.... Should I get a tattoo???? Haha." And then bam!: "I'm getting a f***ing neck tattoo."
Lucky for us, Avril also tweeted a photo of the tattoo. So what was it? A safety pin. That's right, Avril's neck tattoo is of your grandmother's favorite household appliance. I suspect she'll get a thimble tattooed on her cheek next. Avril didn't bother to explain the ink on Twitter but she did describe it like this: "It's comes in handy all the time, it can hurt you, but at the same time keep you together, safety first!"
 
Top