The Canadian singer ' who released her last record 'The Best Damn Thing' in 2007 ' decided to wait until she could write more 'meaningful' songs before making her present album.


She said: ''ve taken my time on this record, with my life and experienced what I need to in life to write songs that are very meaningful to me. I threw a lot of myself into this record.'

'Girlfriend' singer Avril divorced Sum 41 vocalist Deryck Whibley after four years of marriage in late 2010, and confesses some of the album ' which he partly produced ' is inspired by changes in her life and the relationships she has been in.

She said: 'My first single 'What The Hell' is just a song about life and freedom and changes. It's about personal freedom.

''Push' is definitely one of my favourite songs on this record. All my girlfriends love it. It's a song about fighting for love and believing in love. When you're fighting and you're like, 'Shut up, move forward and move along and let's do this because we love each other.' '

'Goodbye Lullaby' is released on March 7.
 
Top